Having a landline number goes a long way in presenting your business as trustworthy and reliable to your customers. A landline number, rightly or wrongly, is perceived as adding credibility.
A national number that isn’t tied to a specific location, can make your business appear bigger and more established. Alternatively, your business may benefit from going local, as many customers prefer to use businesses based in their local area.
Typically, you don’t need a dedicated landline, especially if you’re a sole trader or a start-up. More often than not, you just want to forward landline calls to your mobile, so you can answer calls on the go.
A traditional wired landline will set your business back anywhere from £20 to £130 for installation, plus a line rental of £10 to £20 a month. That means a traditional wired landline is likely to set you back a pricey average of £255 a year.
There are two leading solutions to help you get a landline on your mobile at a fraction of the cost of a traditional wired landline.
Option 1: Call Forwarding
If you just want to receive landline calls on your mobile, a simple forwarding service to divert calls from one number to another is all you’ll need. Landline Anywhere is one of the cheapest and most reliable solutions on the market. For just £9.95 per month or £99.50 for the year (giving you 2 months free!) you’ll get:
- A free 01, 02 or 03 number. There’s a wide choice of local and national numbers available and once you’ve purchased your new number, it will be owned by you indefinitely. For example, you can move your number to a physical landline provider in the future, should you ever decide to get a wired landline.
- 1000 minutes of diverted calls from UK phones each month. Incoming calls are automatically diverted to your mobile phone number. You simply answer calls on your mobile and the caller will never know their call has been diverted to a mobile. Incoming calls are free, and it will cost your callers the same as calling any landline number. There’s also no cost for you to receive calls as a diversion to your mobile. All you’ll pay is £9.95 a month, with no minimum contracts or hidden fees.
- Timed diverts. In a meeting? Can’t take the call? You decide hour-to-hour, day-to-day where you want your calls directed to, so you can answer more calls from your customers and prospects. You can change the number your calls are diverted to at any time.
- Voicemail notifications. A separate voicemail box is included as standard and voicemails are automatically sent to your email address, portal, or phone, so you’ll never miss an important message!
- An alert to tell you who’s calling. A message, or ‘whisper’, will tell you who’s calling and what for, so you can handle the call appropriately.
- 24/7 e-receptionist. Make a great first impression on your customers, with a bespoke business welcome message.
- Out-of-hours automation. Change what happens to incoming calls based on the time of day, so you can respond to your customers when you’re free.
- Holiday mode. When you’re on holiday, your calls can be diverted to another number or team member, so you won’t be disturbed!
It only takes a few minutes to get receiving landline calls on your mobile, all you need to do is:
- Choose a number from the wide range of area codes and prefixes
- Specify which number you want calls to be diverted to
- Add your payment details
Landline Anywhere doesn’t have any hidden charges or contracts, which makes it an ideal service for sole-traders and small businesses.
Sign up today
Want to start forwarding your calls to your mobile? Get started with your mobile landline today.
Got a question or need help getting started? Our UK team is ready and waiting.
If you’d like to speak to us, give us a call for free on 0800 292 6789 between 9am and 5:30pm (Monday to Friday), or send an e-mail to email@example.com and we’ll get back to you as quickly as possible.
Option 2: Virtual Phone System
You’ll need a slightly more comprehensive solution, if you want to make outgoing calls from your business phone number.
Dial 9 Business Phone is a flexible virtual phone system, which is perfect for businesses of all shapes and sizes.
Just pay £3.99 per month for every person in your company that will be making and receiving calls. There are no long-term fixed contracts, and you’ll get to choose a free 01, 02 or 03 telephone number as standard.
Choose how to pay for your calls
Unlike traditional call forwarding, you won’t need to pay every minute for incoming calls. Simply pay a fixed fee for every phone, then choose how you’d like to pay for your calls.
Pay as you go
- 1p/min to landlines
- 4p/min to mobiles
Call minute bundles
- 500 minutes for £7.50
- 1,000 minutes for £14
- 2,000 minutes for £26
Does only one of your colleagues spend a lot of time on the phone? Upgrade individual phones to unlimited calls for just £9.99 and use the other payment methods to cover the cost of calls made by everyone else.
Works with Android and iOS
Install the free Dial 9 Anywhere app on your Android or iOS device and use it to make and receive landline calls on your mobile.
- Often works out cheaper than call forwarding for one person
- Flexibility to grow with you as your business expands
- Access to even more powerful features
Sign up today
— Last updated on February 8, 2022.